HR Consultant/Associate opportunities: notes of interest invited from HR Specialists
Our small but ambitious charity is entering a period of commercialisation, and we are on the lookout for experienced HR Specialists to support our work with employers on an associate or consultancy basis.
While this work may not start until later this year, we are calling for early notes of interest from experienced HR Specialists who have a passion for driving working culture change in Scotland. This work will be focused specifically on supporting employers to reap the benefits of a more flexible, agile and family friendly working culture.
the growth of a new membership support offering, we envisage that our HR Specialists
will be involved in providing employers with one-to-one support, coaching and
training. Our HR Specialists will report directly to the Programme Director and
have a clear and independent portfolio of work.
A key member of our small but ambitious team, our HR Specialists will have a proven track record of HR, particularly in the areas of flexible and family friendly working or diversity and inclusion.
This role will suit an enthusiastic and values driven individual who brings a high level of expertise on people matters whilst being innovative and open-minded.
Location: Principally Glasgow and Central belt with some potential for travel more widely in Scotland.
Salary: An associate/ consultant day rate appropriate to the third sector in Scotland
About the Role:
As an HR Specialist the role(s) would involve the following:
- Offering high quality advice and recommendation to employers- large and small - on the benefits of flexible, agile and family friendly working practice
- Helping organisations to implement best practice in family friendly and flexible working
- Developing relationships with existing and new employer members
- The potential to work on a funded project with a small group of employers on enhancing their flexible/ family friendly working culture
- Providing and developing coaching and training
- Experience in Change Management
- Identifying employer needs and offering appropriate solutions
- Ensuring client expectations are met
- Providing advice on policies, procedures and employment legislation
- Drafting tailored contracts, staff handbooks and policies
- Providing onsite and telephone support
- Proven track record in generalist HR and specifically flexible and family friendly working practice
- Have a genuine interest/ passion in the business benefits of a flexible and family friendly working culture
- Experience of coaching and/ or training
- Excellent presentation & communication skills (written & verbal)
- Commercial awareness
- Capable of delivering excellent customer service
- Positive, can-do attitude and likes to work in a small team to achieve big goals
- Independent and ability to manage own workload/ projects
Our working culture
We really care about what we do. We ask questions and seek to understand those we work with and for. We always think about what more we can do to help ideas become a reality. We look for opportunities, are imaginative and are not constrained by the status quo. We deliver on our commitments. We do not compromise on quality and will go the extra mile to make things great. Our approach is professional and we take what we do seriously, but we are open, human and like to have fun. We bring our whole selves to work.
Family Friendly Working Scotland exists to create and support culture change in Scotland that improves the lives of working families and builds economic success.
We work with employers, government, families and others to promote a family friendly working culture. This is a way of working which enables employers to get the best from employees and enables working families to have a good balance between work and family life.
Spanning boundaries between private, public and third sectors, we offer practical support to employers and share best practice. We also raise awareness of the issues and benefits around work life balance and family friendly working.
Acting as nucleus, Family Friendly Working Scotland promotes innovative and sustainable ways of working that are good for families and the Scottish economy. Family Friendly Working Scotland has four employees based in Scotland.
To note your interest in being considered for a future role as HR Associate/ Consultant with us, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- A short cover email about why this role would be of interest, including your particular areas of interest and expertise
- Your availability for work (both in terms of time of year and hours per week)
- A copy of your CV
We will acknowledge all emails we receive.
In this section.
- Harvey Tilley, Independent Living Fund Scotland
- Bonnie Clarke, Badenoch & Clark
- Amanda Jones, Maclay Murray and Spens LLP
- Tracey Eker, Flexiworkforce.com
- Olivia McLeod, Scottish Government
- Aneela McKenna, Scottish Parliament
- Fiona McQueen, Scottish Government
- Celia Tennant, Inspiring Scotland
- Tania Hemming, Morton Fraser
- Lorraine Gray, Pursuit Marketing
- Andrew Watson, Quorum Network Resources
- Alan Thornburrow, Business In the Community