Freelance HR Associate Role
Our small but ambitious charity has secured funding to embark on an exciting new project which will build on our current work with employers to develop a more flexible, family friendly approach to working, which benefits people, business and the Scottish economy.
We are looking for someone pretty amazing, with a background in human resources, to manage the delivery of this project, develop all project collateral and ensure our four employer partners receive dedicated professional support which will help them achieve transformational change to become a more flexible and family friendly employer.
About the project
-9 months project
-Daily rate £250
The project will support four businesses (one large and three SMEs) from the construction, STEM, finance and furnishing sectors. They are based in: Glasgow, Edinburgh, Elgin and Huntly.
Focusing on good flexible and family friendly working practice and recruitment, the project will offer practical HR and culture change support, bespoke line manager training, access to toolkits and policies, knowledge-sharing events, peer support and mentoring. This will lead to a more inclusive, productive working environment benefiting employees and employers.
The project will include:
• A kick off ‘good practice’ event
• Practical toolkits, advice and specialist HR support
• Line manager training
• Tailored expert sessions such as employment law
• Peer support
About the role
You will work with us on a freelance/associate basis from July 2018-March 2019. We anticipate the role requiring circa 17.5 hours per week. You will have flexibility in working days, hours and location as long as the project outputs are being managed and met. It should also be noted that there will be regular working in our Glasgow office to engage with the Family Friendly Working Scotland team and there will be the need for some travel more widely in Scotland in order to deliver the project.
An associate day rate of £250 is offered for this role, which is appropriate to the third sector in Scotland.
The associate will be responsible for:
• All aspects of project planning, delivery of all project activities within agree timelines, adhering to project budget and high quality reporting on project progress.
• Offering high quality advice and recommendation to employers- large and small - on the benefits of flexible, agile and family friendly working practice.
• Helping organizations to implement best practice in family friendly and flexible working.
• Developing relationships with participating organizations.
• Providing and developing coaching and training.
• Identifying employer needs and offering appropriate solutions.
• Ensuring client expectations are met.
• Providing advice on policies, procedures and employment legislation.
• Drafting tailored contracts, staff handbooks and policies.
• Providing onsite and telephone support.
This role will suit an enthusiastic and values driven individual who brings a high level of expertise on people matters whilst being innovative and open-minded. Specifically, we are looking for someone who has the following skills and experience:
• Proven track record in human resource management- specifically practical implementation of flexible and family friendly working in a business setting.
• Genuine interest/ passion in the business benefits of a flexible and family friendly working culture
• Experience of coaching and/ or training
• Delivery of change management programmes
• Project management
• Excellent presentation & communication skills (written & verbal)
• Commercial awareness
• Capable of delivering excellent customer service
• Positive, can-do attitude and likes to work in a small team to achieve big goals
• Comfortable handing robust conversations at senior management level
• Independent and ability to manage own workload/ projects
• Partnership working
Family Friendly Working Scotland exists to create and support culture change in Scotland that improves the lives of working families and builds economic success.
We work with employers, government, families and others to promote a family friendly working culture. This is a way of working which enables employers to get the best from employees and enables working families to have a good balance between work and family life.
Spanning boundaries between private, public and third sectors, we offer practical support to employers and share best practice. We also raise awareness of the issues and benefits around work life balance and family friendly working.
Acting as nucleus, Family Friendly Working Scotland promotes innovative and sustainable ways of working that are good for families and the Scottish economy. Family Friendly Working Scotland has four employees based in Scotland.
About our working culture
We really care about what we do. We ask questions and seek to understand those we work with and for. We always think about what more we can do to help ideas become a reality. We look for opportunities, are imaginative and are not constrained by the status quo. We deliver on our commitments. We do not compromise on quality and will go the extra mile to make things great. Our approach is professional and we take what we do seriously, but we are open, human and like to have fun. We bring our whole selves to work.
To note your interest in being considered for this HR Associate role please email: email@example.com with the following:
1. A short cover email about why this role and this project would be of interest, including your particular areas of interest and expertise
2. A copy of your CV
Closing date for CVs is Friday 1 June 2018.
Please not interviews will take place in Glasgow on Monday 11 June.
This project is supported by the Scottish Government and Voluntary Action Fund.