As a knowledge worker, I am used to bouncing from one task to another, from distractions jumping in through my inbox, or a small interruption as I walk through office, to a barrage of messages on the company’s always-on Slack. Below are some of the best pieces of advice I have found, many of which are now staples of my working practice.
Our small but ambitious charity is entering a period of commercialisation, and we are on the lookout for experienced HR Specialists to support our work with employers on an associate or consultancy basis.
Companies with 250 or more employees rushed to publish their gender pay gap data on April 5, and a clear conclusion emerged: the lack of flexible working options is holding women (and men) back.
As a knowledge worker, I am used to bouncing from one task to another, from distractions jumping in through my inbox, or a small interruption as I walk through office, to a barrage of messages on the company’s always-on Slack. However I realised that if I wanted to do my best work, I would have to rethink my use of my own, and my team’s time. This is where my interest in productivity and effective work really started. And here’s the thing: multitasking doesn’t work. Recent estimates say that you can lose up to 40% of your productivity if you multitask.
The best Scottish employers for flexible and family friendly working cultures have been announced (on 22/3/18) by Scotland’s leading work-life balance organisation, Family Friendly Working Scotland.The Scottish Top Employers for Working Families Awards 2018 celebrate progressive employers that support staff to happily combine home and work life - and harness the business benefits this brings.
In this section.
- Harvey Tilley, Independent Living Fund Scotland
- Bonnie Clarke, Badenoch & Clark
- Amanda Jones, Maclay Murray and Spens LLP
- Tracey Eker, Flexiworkforce.com
- Olivia McLeod, Scottish Government
- Aneela McKenna, Scottish Parliament
- Fiona McQueen, Scottish Government
- Celia Tennant, Inspiring Scotland
- Tania Hemming, Morton Fraser
- Lorraine Gray, Pursuit Marketing
- Andrew Watson, Quorum Network Resources
- Alan Thornburrow, Business In the Community