Chief Operating Officer, Independent Living Fund Scotland
Harvey began his career in the British Army then spent the last 15 years working in the voluntary sector. Leading large scale operations across the UK, Harvey has focused on the areas of homelessness, disability, care, grant giving and employability.
In his spare time when he is not occupied with his young family, Harvey is a Trustee of the Union Jack Club and Patron of Defence Medical Welfare Services.
How did you become interested in family friendly working?
As both an employer and a father, I have personally seen the strong link between making work accessible to employees – regardless of personal circumstances – and a happy, highly productive workforce.
How does family friendly working and flexibility benefit employers?
It is one of the key ingredients of a high performing organisation.
What does good work-life balance look like?
It is having a work and personal life which complement each other and make you a productive member of staff, a good family member and help the wider community
What words best describe you?
Passionate, kind, honest, loyal and professional.
In this section.
- Harvey Tilley, Independent Living Fund Scotland
- Bonnie Clarke, Badenoch & Clark
- Amanda Jones, Maclay Murray and Spens LLP
- Tracey Eker, Flexiworkforce.com
- Olivia McLeod, Scottish Government
- Aneela McKenna, Scottish Parliament
- Fiona McQueen, Scottish Government
- Alex Young, DFID
- Celia Tennant, Inspiring Scotland
- Tania Hemming, Morton Fraser
- Lorraine Gray, Pursuit Marketing