Case study: Skyscanner.
Skyscanner strives to ensure working parents can balance their work and family commitments, recognising that such an approach is vital for staff happiness, engagement and productivity. Policies designed to ensure working parents are not placed at a disadvantage compared to non-parents are vital. This is why Skyscanner has created a flexible and supportive working environment where parenthood and career are not in conflict.
Skyscanner has an internal working group which helps drive new developments. This includes its ‘Mummy Buddies’ scheme. This initiative partners pregnant or new mothers with a volunteer who is also a mother so that the partners can support one another during key moments in the journey through working parenthood – for example settling back into work after maternity leave.
Skyscanner’s family-friendly approach also supports working parents by offering:
- Flexible working
- Internal working group dedicated to supporting working parents.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Option to buy additional annual leave
- Regular blogs to keep employees well-informed of family-friendly initiatives
- Travel policy providing business class flights and additional comfort services for pregnant employees
- Managers who are fully trained to support flexible workers