The Deloitte approach to flexible and family friendly working is all about; trust, output and good communication. With these key components in place, relationships flourish, employees grow, and the business continues to expand. Its win, win.
Deloitte is an employer committed to developing working practices through a combination of formal and informal arrangements, that support agility. The three core principles underpinning the organisation’s approach are: trust and respect; a focus on output; and open two-way conversation.
Insight and innovation from multiple disciples, along with business and industry knowledge, enable Deloitte to deliver award-winning services for their clients anywhere in the world.
This major employer is committed to ensuring employees feel valued, can access equitable career progression opportunities, and that flexibility is built in at any level. They have introduced targets ensuring that leadership teams and leaders of large clients in industries are female and that proportionate succession plans are in place. Deloitte are also currently designing the next iteration of our female manager development programme to retain women going into senior management.
- Deloitte saw a rise in the retention of mothers from 68% in 2012 to 78% in 2016
- Retained 92% of women who’ve taken part in the Working Parents Transition programme and 95% of men.
- Attrition rates for female Managers have decreased to below average attrition – from 18% in FY14 to 13% in FY17.
- Return to Work programme has to-date enabled 37 women to re-enter the workplace.
- Deloitte’s Families Network has 1,200 members, an invaluable network.
- During 2017 the employer established a parental gifting programme which sent 673 gifts, supporting 2,060 abandoned children around the world.
What their people say:
“I had been working at Deloitte for around 10 years when a family member contracted a critical illness. At the time, I was on track for promotion and the firm was incredibly supportive allowing me to adopt a flexible working arrangement to accommodate hospital visits as well as relocating offices. Despite the change in my working arrangements, I was able fulfil my career development aspirations, maintain a wide and varied work load and secure a promotion. I am grateful for the family friendly working policies the Firm follows when caring for elderly parents” – Director, Deloitte