Best Medium Employer 2020.
Warmworks delivers the Scottish Government’s Warmer Homes Scotland programme, designed to provide energy efficiency improvements to households that are in or at risk of fuel poverty. We pride ourselves on providing a first class environment for our employees while delivering excellent services for our customers.
Flexibility by default sums up our approach to people management. All employees can work flexibly, regardless of their individual circumstances. Requests can be made on a temporary or permanent, formal or informal basis. We encourage managers to get to know each individual staff member in order to understand how, when and where their people want to work.
- alternative start and finish times
- part-time or compressed hours
- homeworking and flexibility around family
- flexibility to support health, fitness, personal learning (e.g. driving lessons), travel, charity fundraising and volunteering commitments.
- flexible recruitment
- enhanced maternity and adoption pay
- enhanced paternity pay; full salary rate
- enhanced shared parental pay (matching maternity provision)
- Sickness absence 2.2%
- Staff turnover 0.2%
- Promote sustainable working, influencing suppliers to operate in line with Scottish Government Fair Work Framework.
- 100% of the workforce work flexibly on an informal basis Training on flexible working is compulsory for managers
What their people say:
I realised that the difference between my pay date and assessment date for universal credit meant I was losing out on benefits two months of the year. Warmworks added a payroll enabling them to change my pay date so that my benefits were not interrupted. I can genuinely say that my life wouldn’t be what it is today if it wasn’t for Warmworks, especially my manager. If it wasn't for all the help, I would have had to give up my job - instead I can financially support my bairns and give them a good life."